Wednesday, January 19, 2011

UPDATE

Hey everyone! I know its been a while since Ive posted- partly because Ive been sick, and partly because my Internet access is still pretty limited! Last wed, we didn't make it to the studio as planned. My dear friend Robbie, couldn't make it down from Napa and so I decided to stay home and just practice and work some kinks out of some of my songs so that our next studio session would be up to par. My Mom and I did get together and worked on some really beautiful bass lines for several songs. I am just pinching myself as I sit there with my dear mama who is such a talented and capable musician! We are really in our element together and we both can literally feel the Lords presence on us as we make music together! Due to my sickness, I am not going to make it back in the studio this week either which is quite irksome because being there gives me a boost of creative life and energy that I need to keep motivated! I will just have to wait till next week though, I dont want to strain my voice or get any of the guys sick! So the last week has felt like a bit of a setback but I have to remind myself that this is all part of the journey, Life happens, people get sick, etc, and I just have to keep my eye on the prize and keep truckin! I do have one BIG accomplishment to share though: BROKEN VESSEL is OFFICIALLY registered with the US copyright office!!!!! I have to say, it took some doing and I was very proud of myself. I am NOT good with technical things at all and admit that if something isn't "easy" in that regard I tend to bail! (Not a good trait I know but Im working on it ) So, I sat down today, made myself watch the tutorial and figured it out all by myself! So, in 6 months, my album should be fully and legally protected! Doing this small step has really put a fire in my belly....it just makes me feel even more that this is really happening and its exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment