Thursday, January 6, 2011

Progresso! And I'm not talking spaghetti sauce!

I had a great session at the Living for JC studio last night! I plowed through all the songs that will be on the album and today I will be sending  them in mp3 format as a Collective Work-Sound recording to the US copyright office to get them registered for a copyright. So, in 6 months, my songs will be totally protected! In the meantime, I am going to do the "Poor man's copyright" and send them through certified mail to myself and keep it unopened in a safe place in case I need to prove ownership, I figure that, along with being registered for copyright, that will be good enough protection for now. So, now I just have to figure out how to post audio clips on here and we will have some music on this site!
Next week studio session is already in the works. My very talented friend, Robbie is driving down from Napa to record the delicious background vocals we figured out a few weeks ago and my mom is laying down some string bass tracks that sound amazing and add such a richness and fullness to the songs. I am pinching myself that these two lovely and talented people happen to be one of my best friends and my mother. God is good! My goal this month is to get what I feel are my two strongest songs completed with vocals and instruments and ready for music videos! I am looking for a violinist and a cellist, so if any of you know of anyone please let me know or give them my info so they can contact me.

No comments:

Post a Comment