Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Beginnings

Second day in the beautiful and magically historical town of Knights Ferry. Never in my life have I been somewhere that inspires me to create as this place. I'm staying with my friends Mary and Jason and their new little one in a perfect little trailer on the river. As I write, I can hear the water rushing...its amazing! I feel in my bones that this place is going to my main source of inspiration so I am delighted to have started my journey with this blog here and be writing my first entry in this delicious place! So far since Ive been here (less than 24 hours) I have created a blog, researched copyright laws and implemented a plan to copyright my songs asap,AND, on our hour long walk, stumbled upon the PERFECT place  for my first music video and title track " Broken Vessel" While, part of me wants to " gush about what I found, I want to keep it a surprise for when the video come out! I will tell you this though, I was walking and out of nowhere I see the edge of something and it gets bigger and bigger as I get closer and closer and I get the chills and I KNOW it is the perfect place....I would love to stay a couple more days here, but I miss my babies and I have a studio session tomorrow evening to record every song Ive written so far-finished or not, so that I have a complete work to send into the copyright office. I have decided that getting my work copyrighted properly is the most important next step. It is a little bit of a time consuming thing as well as costly, but once it is done I will have the freedom to post my work anywhere (including on this blog yay!) and not have to worry about losing my work. Well, I am off now, to soak in my dear friend Mary, her beautiful baby, and this place.

No comments:

Post a Comment